Thursday, October 18, 2007

Star trek

So I admit it I am a geek...as if you didnt already know.


The only thing saving me from being the "24 year old geek that lives in his moms basement" is that she isnt around except for on weekends and I live there with my Girlfriend of 2 years.


Anyway, one of the geeky things about me is my love of star trek. Now I am not a huge read all the novels, own all the toys, know every single episode fan. I like watching the show and the movies, knowing bits about characters, have some conversations about it and it pretty much ends there.


Recently I bought all of the Next generation box sets. I got them all for about 43 bucks each, which is an great deal considering they retail for 60-80 and they were originally 180 when they first came out.




I have been watching them slowly. I am just 4 episodes into season 2. Here are my observations thus far.


The first season was great, but it only gets better from there.

For some reason the word. "reconnoiter" is used not once, but twice in the first 20 episodes.


as in

"Mr. Data, go and reconnoiter those tunnels and report back to me"


It is basically the same as "scouting" or "doing reconnoisance"...so why not just say scout? i have never as far as I remeber heard that word outside of those episodes.


Season 2 is good so far, but man i hate dr. Palanski. So glad she is only around for 22 episodes.


Weslye is a dink no matter how you look at it. he whines alot, his "uniform" and I use that lightly is terrible. but the worst part is, he acctually had alot of potential, hinted at in a vert early episode.


Originally i was going to guess that there was only 2-3 episdoes I had never seen before, however. based on the recent discovery that basically everything I thought took place around season 4, was acctually in season 2 and 3.

Riker grows a beard, Palanksi season, introduction of the borg, new uniforms, picard turned into a borg and a few others.
I am now going to estimate that in 178 episodes, there are 5-6 that I have never seen. mostly from season 6 and 7, and a very large number I have only seen once. at this point, 30 episdoes in. I am pretty sure I have discovered one. I will keep you up to date as much as I can.


but its time for me to go...to boldy go where no one has gone before......home after work.






4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

having a girlfriend live with you in the basement of your mother's hous isn't much of a salvation from being a basement dwelling nerd.

8:28 PM  
Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服店 酒店 經紀 打工 兼差便服店 酒店時間 酒店薪水 酒店經紀公司 酒店內容 美式餐廳 咖啡廳

10:48 PM  
Blogger Coco Love said...

I am looking for my memories through the stories, the narrative of people. I feel it is difficult but I will try.
povaup

12:39 AM  
Blogger 梁爵 said...

2019.10.11 酒店上班類型多,酒店工作求職者尋職時不一定都能了解職務內容,台北知名酒店經紀公司為大學生、上班族酒店兼差就業通特別製作影片,邀請八大行業職場酒店小姐闡述工作甘苦並給予尋職建議,盼助酒店打工求職者找到適合工作。台灣社會有許多職業,許多求職者往往不瞭解酒店工作內容前往求職,才發現與想像中不同。知名酒店經紀梁小尊/梁曉尊指出,求職者常嚮往看似光鮮亮麗的工作,但其實這些工作背後,卻往往有著難以想像的辛苦。為了避免在學大學生以及上班族兩大族群渴望酒店兼職求職者對職務期待有所落差,八大行業酒店經紀公司特別規劃製作「框出陪睡(性交易)」職業介紹影片,透過拍攝各行各業職場酒店小姐一日的工作內容,讓對這些職業有興趣與志向的求職者及大學生新鮮人更了解八大行業酒店上班產業趨勢與職務工作內容,做好求職前的準備工作。

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home