Thursday, July 05, 2007

A beautiful racket

So on Friday night last week I got tickets the White Stripes Concert that night in Calgary.

So it was a mad dash home, to pick up Mimi, and then off to Calgary for the Show.

I have been a Stripes Fan since pretty close to the begining.

We missed the opening act,. but it was a nobody anyway.

The Show was AMAZING. There were a few small thinsg to nitpcik at, but I have been raving about it all week.

First of all the stage was completly drapped in Red. Jack was dressed in all red , Meg had a red top and black pants.

The entire road crew (sound, tech, stage, etc) were all wearing black suites, fedora's and white ties. So instead of a greasy looking roadie coming out to fix a connection or what-not, you had a slick dressed professional looking guy, who looked like he belonged on stage.

Unlike the Roger waters Concert I can not give you a highlights section, because basically it was the entire show.

They played pretty much every song you can think of by the stripes, going all the way back to 1998. Including the haunting Cover of Jolene. All they missed was Hardest button to button, and fell in love with a girl. (that I can think of)

There was some pretty cool effects, lighting and sound wise., like during John the Revalator...not even sure how to describe it.

The White stripes are such an amazing band, Jack white has got to be one of the greatest Guitarist of our time if not all time. The sounds he coaxes out of his guitars shouldnt be possible. And though simplistic, Meg's drumming and her movements are infectious. On this tour they are loosing mony on Many of the Stops. Because to celebrate thier 10th anniversary, they are stopping in every province, and playing in some painfully small venues (the saddledome was an exception). They are also performing a number of "secret" shows on many of thier stops. So far they have included: on a city bus in Winnipeg, including Wheels on the bus, a bowling alley in Saskatoon , jack threw a few balls during the show, and a youth drop in centre in Edmonton.

I am very glad I got the opprotunity to see them live. One of my top bands.
It was deffinetly one of my fave shows.

many people say many of the White Stripes songs are just noise...but I have to say its certainly a Beautiful Racket.

8 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

You know, even though you know how I was doing at that point, I had a great time at this show, toilet paper in my ears and all. Even the bitch standing next to me chain smoking and almost burning me didn't deter from the fact that this band has a lot to offer.

Nice Review.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually don’t leave comments!!! Trust me! But I liked your blog…especially this post! Would you mind terribly if I put up a backlink from my site to your site? Please come visit my site Anchorage Yellow Page Business Directory when you got time. Thanks.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got a really useful blog I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbee and your success is very much an inspiration for me. Please come visit my site Buffalo Yellow Page Business Directory when you got time.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Wow Gold said...

Randy Run has the contacts to first-class pro gamers, who not only supply your daily dose of WoW gold, but also offer interesting level services like WoW powerleveling, Wow profession levelling and WoW PvP levelling.

2:05 AM  
Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服店 酒店 經紀 打工 兼差便服店 酒店時間 酒店薪水 酒店經紀公司 酒店內容 美式餐廳 咖啡廳

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It seems I'm on the right track, I hope I can do well. The result was something I did and was doing to implement it.
http://www.clickjogosclick.com

8:59 PM  
Blogger 梁爵 said...

2019.11.03知名酒店經紀內幕爆料:近期台北市長柯文哲嚴查違規營業八大行業酒店,讓北市酒店市場版圖面臨不小變動。這2、3個月來市府動作頻頻,將非法酒店斷水斷電,勒令歇業。巧合的是,被查緝歇業的酒店,剛好都屬同一集團旗下店家,也讓業界出現陰謀論的耳語,知名酒店經紀透漏是有心人在背後操作,企圖搶占台北市八大行業酒店版圖大餅。
據了解,台北市酒店勢力版圖中,大概以4大派系「梁曉尊」、「何董」、「王董」、「譚董」等人為首的集團最為人知。其中最年輕圈內都稱他為(四少、四爺)的梁小尊集團一直是龍頭勢力之一,版圖則遍及中山區與東區,擁有900位酒店小姐以及約7、8家知名便服店、禮服店、制服店等..另外持有百分之70的股份。但在地方政府嚴打稽查後,大約在同一時間,梁曉尊旗下集團所屬的配合酒店,至少有中山北路段的「名仕」、錦州街的「麗都」、八德路的「敦南麗緻」等3家酒店,遭斷水斷電而歇業。就有業界人士耳語,在台北市通化街起家的「梁小尊」,原本混跡地方,在服完兵役後就到酒店當經紀人,後來認識了一名大金主,在松江路開設了第一家酒店,吸收了不少有力股東,多年來已成了新生代勢力,在台北市酒店市場版圖中,成為一方梟雄。梁曉尊/梁小尊擁有的酒店勢力,黑白關係有如同八大行業版本的雷洛。

4:56 PM  
Anonymous pakistani designer suits boutique uk said...

First of all the stage was completly drapped in Red. Jack was dressed in all red , Meg had a red top and black pants.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home