Tuesday, January 09, 2007

End of the year extravaganza

THIS POST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MADE ON THE 29TH, BUT I WAS HAVING TROUBLES GETTING IT TO POST, SO I SAVED IT AND THEN WAS SUPPOSED TO EMAIL IT TO MYSELF SO I COULD POST IT FROM HOME, BUT FORGOT, AND THEN I WAS ON HOLIDAYS SO IT IS ONLY GETTING DONE NOW. SO THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE MY LAST 2006 ENTRY, SO TREAT IT AS SUCH.


So here we are, the Last working day of 2006. Time for a look back at the year that was and then a look forward to the year ahead.


January of 2006 – I spent 3 / 4 ‘s of the month in Red Deer, working on my Practicum at Zed99 and KG Country. I learned a lot, and was given confidence in my witing for close to the first time ever.

I went back to school for February, march and April. These months were for the most part uneventful. Busy with work and my new girlfriend took up the vast majority of my time.

During this time I put together a couple application packages. One for Zed 99 and the other for a new independent station that would be opening in my home area soon.

My mom got a job in Calgary and now stays are her sisters during the week and comes home on the weekends. The plan was originally for her to move there, but that is not going to happen now. So I continue to live at my moms place

Early April I began gearing up and working ahead for some time off from school. I arranged a bus ride and a place to stay with an old friend in Vancouver. I spent 4 days in Vancouver leading up to the Concert and musical event of my life.

Queen + Paul Rodgers Live. Front Row, Special pass, huge ticket package. I never in my life dreamed I would EVER be able to see queen live, even if it was only half of them. The show was incredible and something I will never forget…especially thanks to the 200+ pictures I took that night.

After a couple more days it was a bus trip back to Calgary for the last 2 weeks of my post secondary Education. For the most part they were a simple and lax 2 weeks.

After much cleaning, and packing I bid farewell to my Collage years, becoming the first in my family to go and complete extra schooling and goodbye to my girlfriend for an unknown period of time.

Back to Innisfail I went to apply for jobs. I met with the Creative director in Red Deer and was informed that despite enjoying working with me, there was currently no jobs available.

I applied at the other red deer stations and then got a job at the Local HMV.

Then I got a call from the ZED with an offer of a part time, temp position while they went through some changes…which I gladly accepted and began the first week of June.
After just 1 week I was offered the Job full time, starting in July…which of course I took….

But sadly I had to cut my Mohawk. So what did I do? I SHAVED IT ALL OFF, that’s right. Completely cue ball bald, and I have since been letting it grow out. 6 months and counting.

Since then I have spent lots of money (a car, a new computer, a bow flex, dvd’s, cd’s) and lived my months in 2-week intervals in which I get to see my girlfriend. We did a lot of things, and had a lot of fun with just us and with friend(s). I also made some great new friends. I saw a few small concerts at bars and such. Also as a perk from work I got to go to the Gun’s N Roses Concert in Edmonton. Which was cool. (see previous review)

I have done a huge amount of work around the house: trimming all the hedges, completely cleaning the basement, building a closet in my room, rearranging my room, hauling tones of stuff to the dump, getting a new couch and washer, getting rid of an old crappy deep freeze, rearranging the living room, cataloguing all our hardcover books, ripping out carpet and tile and lino in the hallway and back porch (that’s right all of it)…among a lot of other stuff

I learned to drive a big ass truck (Look up a CXT) and got to drive it in a few parades, which was kick ass.

My dad has been really sick, and nearly died in November, but I’ll let you all know that my dad is a walking, breathing miracle…his kidneys are working, he is no longer intubated, he is no longer in the ICU and is getting better every day. He still has a long way to go, but its much much better than he was.

I am in the best shape of my life (or close to) I am happier than I have been in a very long time, I have a kick ass girlfriend, and I have a job doing something I love. So yeah, I would say that 2006 was a pretty damn good year.


As I look towards 2007, I see much of the same . GREATNESS. Still only seeing my Girlfriend every 2 weeks for the most part, until the end of April when she graduates and moves to innisfail with me. I am going to curb my spending, and make a goal of saving X amount of dollars in 2007. I am going to continue getting into better shape, continue making the house better, I am going to join the competitive swim team to try and get my records back, and I have a lot of other goals.

So I hope everyone enjoyed 2006, and hope your 2007 will be better, remember to be safe over the holiday, what with all the parting and stuff.

Until 2007.

Cheers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dare said...

soooo happy to hear about your Dad! What a great thing. And so happy you had a good year...congrats.

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Nanjing Travel Guide said...

Very nice information. Thanks for this. I would love some feedback on my site Nanjing China when you got time.

3:34 AM  
Anonymous Shanghai Tours said...

I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work. Look forward to reading more from you in the future. Feel free to check out my site Shanghai China when you got time.

3:35 AM  
Blogger 梁爵 said...

2020.01.02酒店兼差正面臨持續下滑壓力,酒店工作分析,明年的酒店各大股東投資和酒店上班酒店小姐應徵率表現預估都不佳,以消費拉動經濟較為樂觀,但也充滿挑戰;2020年的大學生/上班族酒店打工壓力比今年更大,經濟成長率可能跌破44%,開啟「框出接S(性服務)」時代。知名酒店經紀指出,專家梁小尊1日在中國上海發表酒店兼職對中共經濟展望的看法。他表示,美「中」貿易戰就算能達成協議,衝突仍可能長期化。他也點出,「中」方以美元計價的出口額,今年1月中罕見出現負成長,夜總會酒店業者年減36%。

10:36 AM  
Blogger 梁爵 said...

2020.05.29酒店小姐的基本介紹跟工作內容酒店經紀梁曉尊教你保護自己比賺錢還重要
我在酒店上班的日子酒店上班安全最重要
酒店經紀梁小尊又要開講啦!許多來找我梁曉尊面試應徵工作的求職者,在詢問不敢來酒店上班-酒店打工的原因工作相關資訊時,常遺漏了最重要的事情,就是在酒店上班有那些是必須要注意的地方。相信有許多人在網路或報紙上求職時酒店上班-酒店兼職-兼差如何達成人生的第一桶金,常看到很多廣告內容都強調薪水有多少,卻忘了告訴想到酒店工作的各位,酒店這個環境有那些是要注意的,這裡我酒店經紀梁曉尊就提供一些相關安全資訊給大家。
酒店經紀教妳選擇酒店兼差不是一個複雜的工作環境?酒店工作內容與環境
就梁小尊長期觀察酒店這個環境,只要酒店內部裝潢明亮看起來乾淨整潔,這樣的酒店工作內容幾乎都是十分單純,穿著小禮服或是便服的方式坐檯,工作內容都是陪客人喝酒、唱歌、聊天以及做些桌面服務(整理桌面,保持清潔)這一方面的基本互動。很多玩的比較瘋的酒店內部裝潢普遍昏暗、陳舊及髒亂且常會飄有異味。如果您希望的工作內容相較單純些的話,可依照上述的方式做一個初步判斷。
酒店經紀梁曉尊教妳出場如何自保職場須知 【酒店PT 】
在我們這裡工作的公關面對出場問題有絕對選擇權。但單純出場陪客人去續攤或是約個小會是在所難免的,畢竟在酒店上班是要營造出與客人有如戀愛的感覺。當然公關都要先觀察客人在包廂與自已的互動,以及觀察客人酒後的行為,做為是否要跟客人出場的判斷。當然客人在詢問公關要不要出場的時候,公關必須詢問客人出場要去的地點,以及有無其他同行友人,最後要再與幹部回報與確認,如此才能大幅降低出場的危險。但難免有些客人說要出場的地點跟實際去的地點不同。例如:客人說要去吃消夜結果車子開到汽車旅館或是住家(私人場所),如果遇到這種狀況,在客人把車停靠在汽車旅館入口的時候,請直接當櫃檯小姐的面前先行下車,並直接回報店家行政與幹部,同時店家行政也會立即連絡酒店經紀人回報狀況,其餘的事情都交由公司處理即可。

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home